Warley Park Seniors Fantasy Golf 2019
Pre season for the 2018 Seniors Fantasy League is underway and you are now asked to submit your team(s) and pay your entry fee(s) of £5 per team.
All teams must be submitted before the fantasy season starts on March 5th 2018 so please use the next few weeks to study form and identify those in form or injured players. Teams submitted early may be changed without fee before March 5th.
Please use e-mail where possible to submit your teams and send to: email@example.com
Otherwise text entries to: 07767-278174 or ring 01277-220876 or give them to me.
I am of course always looking for stories about the league and its players so feel free to speak to me in confidence about anything that concerns you. My customer service promise means I will only share it with my readers if it is interesting or scandalous.
Some rules have changed so please read them carefully.
1. The Competition runs from March 5th (Senior Captain’s Drive In) to December 3rd (Turkey Trot). Any competition not played by December 3rd will be excluded. The league includes all seniors’ competitions EXCEPT the Winter Stableford, the Senior Captain’s Putter, the Greensomes, Guest Day, Ladies and Seniors days, and the Scratch senior championship result. (The knockout competitions are included with scores calculated from teams listed just before the draw)
2. Entry fee is £5 per team (max 2 teams each) and entrants should pick 3 senior golfers as their team.
3. The 3 golfers must have a total handicap of 48 or more when selected. They retain that handicap whilst in your team. Newly signed players go in at their current handicap (check you still meet the 48 point total rule at that point).
4. All players will start at their actual club handicap (see table) but see limitation rules below.
5. Any team can only include 1 of the following 5 seniors who were last year’s top performers. They are Graham Killington, Graham Robson, Brian Wilkins, Dennis O’Neill, and Paul Shooter. (Note: If you think they have all peaked or are likely to go lame you don’t have to have any of them).
6. NEW RULE. If you select a player with a handicap of 26, 27, or 28 and keep them throughout the 1st interim stage (ends April 30th) you will receive 10 bonus points. Note that if you then replace them you must check you meet the 48 point rule
7. Points will be awarded as follows:
a. Golfer of the year / singles competitions: 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for 10th. Includes Bogey, Net championship, 3 clubs and putter
b. Pairs competitions: 8 points for 1st, 6 points for 2nd , 4 points for 3rd, and 2 points for 4th
c. 3 or 4 player team competitions: 6 points for 1st, 4 points for 2nd, and 2 points for 3rd
Singles knockout: winner 10 points, Runner up 8 points, Semi finalist 6 points, quarter finalist 4 points
e. Doubles Knockout winner 8 points, Runner up 6 points, Semi finalist 4 points
8. Extra points may be awarded in Poppy Day and 3 Clubs and a putter if there are also team competitions.
9. Each entrant can change players up to 5 times per team at a cost of £1 per player
10. Entrants cannot select themselves
11. A list of regular senior players with January 2017 handicaps is provided but an entrant can select any club player they wish
12. The prize pot will be 50% of the money collected with the balance going to the senior captain’s charity. There will be 3 end of season prizes and interim prizes at various points of the season.
And ....... the organiser reserves the right to add or change rules if he wishes and the right to mention you in the newsletter!
Simon Hughes (Organiser)